Temple is an unincorporated community just off M-61 approximately 12 miles west of Harrison. It was a station on the Toledo, Ann Arbor and North Michigan Railway and was founded in 1889 while the area was still a part of Winterfield Township on land given by Mary L. Campbell. For her, the settlement was first known as Campbell City. A post office named Temple, after Martin Temple, opened on April 21, 1890, with hotelman, Bert Trall, as the first postmaster. The office operated until August 12, 1966. Located along the Muskegon River, it was a bustling area when Michigan's logging industry was in its prime, like many of lower Michigan's former logging centers.
Click for weather forecast